Just think. A few short years ago if you had to have a crown done you’d have to come in twice to get it made and cemented. Today, with the aid of CEREC CAD-CAM technology you can have your crown and eat with it too, on the same day.
The process involves the taking of optical impressions and not the tray full of impression material that invariably runs down your throat.
What does it involve?
- Your tooth is prepared conventionally for reception of the crown.
- An optical 3D image of your tooth is taken with a small camera.
- The restoration is created on screen using the image data. You can watch the process.
- Diamond coated instruments then mill a ceramic block to reproduce the design precisely.
- The restoration is test fitted and adjusted as necessary. It is then stain and glazed to a glass like finish.
- The restoration is then bonded into your tooth using a special cement that is hardened with a special light. This process unites the porcelain and tooth. This makes for a very strong restoration that can restore your tooth up to 90% of its' original strength.
- The color and appearance of an all ceramic restoration blends perfectly with your tooth. No more unsightly dark lines at the gumline.
- Protects and preserves your own tooth's structural integrity.
- Ceramics are bio-compatible.
- Only one appointment.
- Perfect looks.
- Perfect comfort.
- Perfect quality.
- Long lasting and durable.